Beanbag smart comfort
Intelligent heating and hot water control
Beanbag can be installed in residential properties either as a new fitment, or to replace existing thermostats and programmers. Beanbag works with gas, oil, or electric boilers, and with heat interface units (HIUs).
The basic Beanbag kit comprises a Gateway, a Receiver, a Thermostat and a free smartphone app for iPhone or Android devices. Beanbag devices communicate with each other by radio (using the Z-Wave® system). No additional wiring is necessary for retrofit properties, and no wiring beyond what is normally necessary for boiler and valve control at the receiver in the case of new installs. Physical installation time, cost and disruption are minimised through intelligent design and processes. The Gateway connects to the home router over Wi-Fi and then to the back-end server through the home broadband connection.
The Beanbag app (Android and iOS) provides full control of heating and hot water, anytime from anywhere. Users gain a more consistently comfortable environment, while saving energy and money.
Beanbag provides scheduling of heating by temperature and time, and hot water by time (for heat only boiler/ system boilers). The app gives control to multiple users, at any time, from anywhere with an Internet connection.
The app includes special features to assist installers in the process of installing and testing Beanbag equipment. It also logs installs, and enables re-connection to previous installs for heating system servicing, by means of a PIN code generated by the householder.
- Domestic central heating and hot water control
- Whole house central heating control
- Whole house central heating and hot water control
- 2-zone central heating control
- 2-zone central heating and hot water control
- In-house temperature and humidity sensing
- Mould and dampness detection
- App control of heating and hot water via smartphone facilitates:
- control of heating and hot water to suit lifestyle, rather than a specific schedule
- improved energy efficiency, with potential to save money
- Gives users full control of their heating, even when away from home
- Beanbag Thermostat allows the set point to be adjusted locally, without using the app
- Instant heating and hot water boost facility included on Beanbag Receiver
- Convenient wall mounting
- High quality OLED display provides high contrast and wide viewing angle
- Fail-safe provision ensures continuous operation in the event of network problems
- Advanced energy saving control using load compensation software
- App has special features to assist installers installing and testing Beanbag equipment
- Table of packages
The Thermostat is an integral part of the Beanbag system, designed to help ensure user comfort and minimise energy consumption. It is a smart Z-Wave® device designed for use in home heating control systems. It provides wireless ambient temperature sensing and set point functionality.
Beanbag Receiver is an integral part of the Beanbag system, designed to ensure user comfort and minimise energy consumption.The Receiver is a smart 3-ampere Z-wave® relay switch ideal for use in home heating control systems, in place of traditional heating controls. Its intelligent design ensures your comfort at all times, while minimising energy consumption.
Beanbag Gateway is the heart of the Beanbag home heating control system which helps to ensure user comfort and minimise energy consumption. It is the communications hub that links home devices (such as the Receiver and Thermostat) with the internet, while providing intelligent control for heating and hot water.
Heat + Hot Water
Gateway + Thermostat + Receiver
Whole house central heating control
Whole house central heating and hot water control
Gateway + 2 Thermostats + Receiver
2-zone central heating control
Heat x2 + Hot Water
Gateway + 2 Thermostats + 2 Receivers
2-zone central heating and hot water control