With energy conservation in mind, a five-star hotel in India wanted comprehensive information about the energy consumption and the trend for same mapped with the source of supply. We undertook this for them.
The scope of Bureau Service included recording and analysing the following for each day/shift:
- Energy consumption, peak loads
- Cost of electricity, demand charges, other fixed charges and maximum demand violation (if any)
- Cost of electricity from on-site generation i.e. through diesel generators (DGs)
- Power availability under DG operation and cost saving potentials
- Anticipated electricity bills.
The hotel had a contract demand of 2000 kVA and their captive generation capacity was 3000 kVA (through 4 DGs).
Initially we did a site survey to gather information and to understand our customer’s electrical system, operating philosophy and limitations. Based on the information collected, we installed monitoring hardware and software.
An automated meter reading system was used to collect energy consumption data. This data was then analysed to produce daily reports; separately for both the hotel management and the engineers.
The hotel has already saved Rs 0.5 million on the basis of information provided by the reports
Based on the benefits derived, the hotel has recommended this service to other members of its chain.